Sunday, October 4, 2009

Staying Busy

I want to pour one out for some of our homies. 2009 is not the easiest time to be in an independent touring rock band so you can't blame anyone when they realize they want to move on to other things. In June, our friends We Vs. the Shark played their last show. They are all still friends with us and each other, so we still get to hang out with them when we are in Athens, which despite the many things that make Athens great, that's what really gives it that home-away-from-home feeling. In August we were honored and fortunate enough to play once more with Harvey Danger in Chicago on their final run of shows. Well done gentlemen, and best of luck adjusting to the real world.

And then of course Ryan quit the band. At first I didn't think that we could exist with out him, since he's been at the center of a lot of what we have done as a band. Then Nathan's name came up when discussing people to replace him and it seemed too perfect. Now that we have four shows with him under our belt things are coming together. Our first tour with him is coming up, as is the Cardinal's post season. There's lots to look forward to in our camp.

Despite his departure from Dynamos, Ryan will still be pulling duty as 2nd lead guitar in our triumphant instra-metal side project, Thor Axe. We're playing our first show in months tomorrow night at a new venue in town,

Antarctica (5226 Gravois, St. Louis, MO) w/ The Bronzed Chorus.

It's $5 and they've got an impressive beer list, ranging from PBR light and Lonestar(!) for those feeling the recession, to imports and micros. Did I mention the Bronzed Chorus is playing?

9 comments:

Christin said...

In the last twelve months, five of my top ten-or-so favorite bands have either broken up or lost members. Five! It's obscene. (I debate with myself, with varying levels of seriousness each time it happens, whether I am the curse.)

Anonymous said...

Cards/Red Sox World Series, take two (I hope).

georgebucio said...

Alright... I know you totally didn't forget, but did you forget about the shirt? Haha

Rondell said...

Y'all do any covers of Luther Vandross?

Griffin said...

BEST COMMENT EVER

Andrew R. Mossman said...

Aaron Neville?

Rondell said...

4 reel tho, if y'all don't do no Luther Vandross, then maybe y'all could learn some them John Legend songs. I love that man as much as I love that Judge Joe Brown! I can feel he voice on me whenever he sing, like somebody rubbing cocoa butter all over my sensuous curves.

Griffin said...

I spoke too soon.

Daniel B. said...

If you're taking R&B requests, I'd like to put mine in. What about some Al Green? You have until Visalia to learn it.


Good luck with the rest of tour!