Monday, October 26, 2009

and I'm so disconnected....I'm never gonna check back in

I can recall looking down and realizing last night as our last song was ending that it wasn't my butt on the drum throne; it was my feet. Maybe things got a little out of hand. eh..maybe not. Its been one hectic week.

Since we last talked, we've had some of our best shows in Boston and Troy, NY, we've made tons of new friends and we played a show in a bowling alley where they have tiny balls and mini pins. We also got paid 7 more dollars at CMJ '09 than we made @ CMJ '08!...maybe that should read: We made 7 dollars @ CMJ '09. (Sin)emechanica also served us pretty hard yesterday in an EPIC drive-by mooning. Flawless execution...

Oops, almost forgot.... our van's front end got destroyed last night by a car in front of the venue. Everyone is ok. Griffin was behind the wheel and Aaron saw the whole thing so I'll let them give you more details. After realizing G was ok I became a private dick taking lots of candid photos of the other driver removing several scandalous items from his vehicle's steering column and trunk before and after the cops arrived.



Luckily after abandoning gear and eating a moral boosting Denny's meal, I was able to sleep last night in Double Chinemechanica's spaceship outside the motel where the other 8 guys crammed into one room. We're currently figuring out our van's situation. We're fortunate enough to have insurance and to be in the best of company, so we will not be cancelling any shows on this tour! All trouble aside, this has been one of my favorite trips in a very long time. See you tonight Columbia, SC.

p.s. to the owner of the red, white, and blue "free spirit" bicycle parked outside of the NYU radio station, I feel terrible and am sincerely sorry for backing our van into your ironically bitching ride. I'm sure someday I'll either pay for my crime or make it up to you.

Clayton

5 comments:

georgebucio said...

You guys have the worst car trouble. :/

I found this on eBay, and I think it might be of some interest to Griffin. I don't know if you're willing to pay as much as this is probably going to sell for... but... it would be neat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200398482795&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D200398482795%2B%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Anonymous said...

You DID get some free jeans at CMJ though, right? Right? Also, candlepin bowling is so much more awkward that regular bowling (which, let's be honest, is already pretty awkward to begin with).

Griffin said...

Tim-We did NOT get free jeans. Cinemechanica did, those lucky devils. However I did make out like a bandit on free beverages from the artist hospitality room.

George- holy crap! That's like the holy grail for dcfc collectors. Of course I do not have the enormous amount of $$ it will surely go for. And besides, it doesn't even come with the "Indie rock is dead. Long live indie rock!" sticker.

Sarah said...

I don't think I bowled over a 70. I think those pins were rigged!

Elisssssabeth said...

but you did get free shoes last year...